[P1] DC Inverter/Regulator WAS: Revive "new" dead battery

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Thu Aug 21 18:09:06 PDT 2003

<snip>
 AC/DC inverters generate a LOT of
spurious RF (broadband radio frequency waves, read: noise) which
severely interfere with radio signals,
</snip>

I've used my iBook in my Car for mp3's with a power inverter since my original blueberry iBook, and with my Graphite SE, it turns the car into a DVD theatre for my passengers (kind of distracting for the driver).  Great for long trips at night!
I've never had any problems, but the one time I had a friend with a TiBook along, he plugged the TiBook into the inverter and the stereo, and there was so much interference we had to unplug it and use my iBook.  It was funny that it interfered with the TiBook and not the iBook.
Dave.