[P1] Power nib

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Thu Aug 28 12:43:02 PDT 2003

On 2003-08-28 21:23, Kenny Feder wrote:

> Thanks for all of our suggestions but no luck yet on getting the broken nib
> out of the power port of my iBook (past warranty and no Apple Care). I can
> see the silly thing, but just can't seem to grab it with anything firmly
> enough to pull it out.

Take the plug that the nib broke off of, put a tiny drop of superglue on the
broken "nib", insert into the port, wait a second or two, and pull out.

Works for getting broken keys out of locks, too.

> Now I'm trying to solve the problem from the inside as Joe suggested. It would
> seem that taking the base off the ibook would allow access to inside of the
> power port. Okay, I have the three little torx screws out and unscrewed the
> feet. There's nothing holding the base on, at least from the outside of the
> machine, but it is attached as firmly as ever. Anyone know what else I need to
> do to release the bottom panel of the machine?

There are screws inside the battery bay, too. Refer to this link for a good
guide on pulling apart an iBook:
<http://jo-ham.com/display.php?year=2003&month=3&day=22>. Don't be put off
by its apparent complexity; it gets easier around the third time you take
one apart. Heck, last time I did it, I didn't even have any screws left
over!

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
There are only two things that are infinite: The Universe and human
stupidity. Although I'm not sure about the Universe.