[P1] Migrating to a new mac

Barry Lyden blyden at mac.com
Sun Aug 31 18:51:23 PDT 2003

Don,

I can't think of any disruptions that should cause. They are just
files. However, what I don't know is whether iphoto will pick up the
new images into its library automatically just by placing the photo in
the proper iphoto location. You may still have to "import" each photo
to get it to appear in the library. Then again, maybe you weren't
expecting it to work like this anyway. :-) Perhaps a more knowledgeable
iphoto user can say for sure?

Once you're convinced all is correct on the imac (and you have a good
backup!), then you  can safely delete the photos on the ibook.

Hope that helps,
Barry