Lost files...

patdart patdart at cox-internet.com
Fri Dec 5 11:25:07 PST 2003

I've discovered that somewhere between the 7th of Sept and the 22nd of
Sept, something destroyed some important movie files of mine.  I
thought it had just happened, but when I went into my Backups, they
aren't there either.  I had burned these two files for my daughter and
sent it to her.  She's on a PC and mentioned to me that they wouldn't
play for her, so I took the iBook to the Genius Bar in Richmond and he
was the one who told me all I had was icons of them.  He said Norton's
Unerase might find them, but I'm hoping one of you may have more help
for me.  I've tried them from the backup on the TiBook and they are
just as blank as they are on my HD and I'm running an earlier QTPlayer
on it.

What would y'all do to try to 'find' them?  By now, I fear they are
overwritten by something.  I didn't know files could just disappear on
a Mac!

More info on the problem...

When I double click the Baptism movie, it tells me "Couldn't open the
file "Caroline's Baptism.mov" because a necessary data reference could
not be resolved.  And then it says "MOV01033.MPG cannot be found.  And
then when I click okay, it says "Can't open because an error occurred.
The number of this error is: -128"

The other of the sermon opens Ouick Time, but nothing plays.  the time
on it is 2:01 when I run it over to the end.  No error message there...

Is this any help in figuring out what has happened?

Pat