[P1] My Xmas stupid question

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Mon Dec 8 13:46:45 PST 2003

> While I'll be willing to sell the drive to you (it cost me about $200
> new), I can't say that I recommend USB external drives. I think USB 1
> is fine for peripherals like a keyboard and mouse, but too slow and
> flaky for something like a hard drive.

If this makes a difference to you, the small investment in money and
time to install a larger internal drive may pay off in a slightly
better resale value for the iBook when that time comes. You may also
have the option to do other useful upgrades at the same time;
additional RAM, a CD-RW drive, stuff like that. (Dollars-for-bytes, it
*might* be a better deal than an external drive, too.)

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net