[P1] Beloved clamshell's best features

Don Hinkle donhinkle at mac.com
Tue Dec 9 21:11:48 PST 2003

For me the best thing about the clambooks was the handle!
I want one on every laptop I own...
-don

On Tuesday, December 9, 2003, at 11:17  PM, e.mkeene wrote:

>> Especially women ;o)  His daughter probably loves her clamshell ibook
>> b/c of it's style.  That's why I love mine.  For example, my husband
>> wants a car that is fast, but I want a car that looks good...  see
>> what
>> I mean?
>
> The choice of blueberry was a brilliant choice, the design was
> marvelous, I loved the handle and the clamshell hinge but my favorite
> feature was the keyboard. Never before and never again will we see the
> likes of it for comfort.
>
> The clamshell hinge had a mojor advantage over the icebooks and
> snowbooks IMHO, if I was working on something and the processor was
> doing its think, I would just close the top about 60%, pick up the
> handle, walk somewhere else and the ibook would just keep chugging
> while I relocated. Really great for working while waiting in waiting
> rooms.
>
> It was my first laptop and i doubt I would ever have been tempted to
> buy a laptop if it were not for the clamshell and its blueberry color.
> Because of how comfortable it is to type on, I will never abandon it.
> I plan on making it my "serious" writing machine.be

The true traitors are those who support Microsoft and WalMart. Both are
would-be empires (and Americans have traditionally fought against all
other forces that try to take over the world) as well as destroying
competition (and American capitalism thrives on competition) and in
WalMart's case, send jobs overseas. see the story
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html