CompUSA bashing (was stupid Xmas ?)

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 9 20:32:58 PST 2003

I agree that CompUSA is usually pretty sloppy. However, in their defense:

1. In the bad years when everyone else dropped Apple, they hung in, so I
give them points for that.

2. I've found that their sloppiness can often work in the customer's favor.
I've found items there occasionally that had to be mistakenly priced, as
they were way below market.

3. And finally, before Apple opened their store here (Houston, TX), and
CompUSA was the only local retail outlet near me handling Macs, they did
have one or two Mac loyalists on staff that were very helpful.

Brian (whose current iBook was purchased at a great price at CompUSA)