[P1] Disk Repair Software--Recommendations?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 11 06:48:40 PST 2003

On Dec 11, 2003, at 9:17 AM, Erin Randel wrote:

> What have you used, what's worked, how should I pick?

Diskwarrior 3 is the best choice for rebuilding your directory.

You can restart holding down the command+s keys and (don't panic) when
the black screen with white letters appears and the text stops look at
the end for the instructions on how to run fsck and typo the info
exactly as shown. You may need to do this 2 or 3 times. When done type
exit and after your mac reboots, shutdown and reboot.

If that doesn't solve your problems, buy Diskwarrior and insert it in
your cd drive, reboot and hold down the C key so as to start up from
your CD...etc.

---
Does the world record for slowness go to the SprintPCS.com site. The
manage page downloads 202 objects and takes minutes. I gave up and
thought about trying Verizon....