[P1] Can I startup my iBook with a Powerbook? Or, USB drive?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 11 16:04:22 PST 2003

On Dec 11, 2003, at 10:07 AM, Brian Pearce wrote:

>> I have a 366 iBook running Panther that has only one USB 1.0
>> connection (no
>> FireWire).  Is it possible to connect my wife¹s 800 TiBook (also
>> running
>> Panther) to my iBook via USB and use her TiBook as a startup disk for
>> my
>> iBook in case of emergency?

Let's see, if your drive went south why would you want to do this?

If your software broke you can startup from a CD and reinstall.

If your desktop db is corrupted you can do the same using Diskwarrior.

So, keep backup copies of your system install disks and Diskwarrior in
your computer bag.

---
Suggestion, let the tax payers of the countries of the companies that
want to do repair work in Iraq pay those companies...not the US
taxpayer! In fact, let's turn all of the repairs over to other
countries and their taxpayers and save a few hundred billion dollars.