[P1] 366 GRAPHITE iBOOK SE FOR SALE: 320 MB, Panther, AirPort card, software rich

Harry Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Thu Dec 18 08:43:48 PST 2003

Hi, Jay.

Uh, . . . There are certain legalities that you seem to be missing. You
don't own the software, but only a license to use it (most often, on
one computer only). So, if you're not giving the buyer the CDs (and the
license) and erasing all other copies you have, then you can't legally
give the buyer the software on the iBook. That's software piracy,
AFAIK.

The only software you can legally leave on the iBook when you sell it
is what came with the iBook (unless, of course, you are selling the
other software and include the CDs and full rights to it while deleting
all copies you have elsewhere). So, no Panther, and no long list of
commercial software . . . And, I think you'd be violating eBay's rules
if you include the other software you list.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Harry Corsover
--------