[P1] Worrisome static zaps

Harry Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Thu Dec 18 09:19:01 PST 2003

I use anti-static keyboard mats. I have one under my keyboard (eMac,
but soon to be wireless keyboard for my PowerBook) and one under my
printer. A quick touch as I sit down, or if I've moved my chair, and
any static charge is gone.

Harry Corsover

On Dec 17, 2003, at 9:12 AM, Larry Kollar wrote:

> Now that winter is setting in, I occasionally get static pokes off the
> iBook. Usually they don't seem to affect anything, but this morning
> the fan came on immediately after a zap, requiring a reboot to make
> stop. I expect the smooth plastic skin has something to do with it.
>
> I use (liberally) anti-static spray around my work area, which stinks
> mightily but helps some -- are there any other tips? The wife doesn't
> like the smell, but I like even less the idea of my primary computer
> dying of shock....
     Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
Amazing Travel * Health * Legal & Tax Benefits
     Get & Send Email by Voice! * Much More!
           <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
       <harry at corsazzi.com> * 877-507-9562