[P1] backing up

W.S. Higgins higgins at adcon.fnal.gov
Thu Dec 18 10:07:14 PST 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:25:38 -0800 Pam Sorooshian <pamsoroosh at earthlink.net>
writes:

>On Dec 17, 2003, at 10:49 AM, Brian Pearce wrote:
>
>>> By the way, how and how often to you "backup" your data? This is just
>>> your files, right?
>
>I use "Backup" and backup to iDisk every single day. I bought my iBook
>on December 19, 2003 from the Apple Store in Costa Mesa, California.
>The first one crashed 4 times and was replaced by mail by Apple by the
>3rd month after purchase. The second one crashed 3 times in the next
>few months and was replaced by the Apple store out of their inventory.
>Brand new for sure. I had that one less than an hour before the logic
>board went out. I hadn't even gone home yet. I took it back to the
>store immediately and they replaced it with my FOURTH brand new iBook
>in less than 10 months. The fourth one -- you guessed it - I just got
>back from the repair depot a few days ago. Again, a failed logic board.

Pam, do you think your ride in the time machine could have caused
any of your crashes?

My Ibook crashes almost every time I take a time-jaunt.  Or, rather,
"will have crashed."

--
   Bill Higgins   |  "...most top computer programmers over the age of 30
  Fermi National  |       have developed an emulation program
                  |       to the point where it only crashes
    Internet:     |             once or twice a week."
 higgins at fnal.gov |  --Robert J. Woodhead <trebor at animeigo.com>