[P1] what's the difference between...

KhooCK filhos at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 02:52:00 PST 2003

PC133 is usually cheaper than PC100 - it a question of supply and demand.
There's a lot more PC133 modules around. You can use PC133 in a 100Mhz
system but cannot use PC100 in a 133Mhz system. I have always bought faster
rated memory because (a) it can be migrated to a newer system and (b) it's
usually cheaper. I have never had problems, and I mix PC133 and PC100 on the
same system.

I have also used RAM made for Intel PCs provided the specs are right. One of
the things to look our for is parity. Most Macs will require non parity RAM.
Check at crucial.com. Put your machine details through its find RAM drop
down menus and it will give you the required info for your Mac.

Hope this helps

Rgds
Khoo