[P1] OT Microsoft Problem

david davidwb at spymac.com
Sat Dec 20 05:49:40 PST 2003

On 12/19/03 9:07 PM, "Chris Weinkauf" <statustician at mac.com> wrote:

> Hello yet again TL,
>
> Does anyone know how to turn off Macro's in Word v.X?  We use it in our
> all Mac office and can't email documents to anyways because our
> Universities email system is anal about everything due to the recent
> virus attacks.  Anybody know a fix to this problem?

I face the same problem Chris, but thankfully rather than removing the
attachment from the email, our system attaches an alert to any email that
has an attachment with a macro. It also sends a similar alert to the sender.

Here's how to remove a macro from your document; it works the same way in
any version of Office and in any application:

Menu selection: Tools>Macro>Macros...
This opens the Macro dialog and you can the choose the Organizer option at
the bottom of the button column. Now you'll see two panes - The left is the
open document you are currently working on and the other is the normal
template. You can now select the macro(s) in your open document and delete
them.

david