[P1] backing up

Zoki zoki.news at linuxix.net
Fri Dec 19 07:56:17 PST 2003

*** These issues of bad iBooks I've been reading on this list made me think.

Compared to what I hear from several European mailinglists and
messageboards, it seems there's some very bad karma in the US concerning our
cute little boxes. I've the impression these problems are mostly bothering
the American market. At least in such quantities.

Couldn't the problems be due to bad handling during transport or stocking in
unsuitable surrounding (too humid, too cold, too warm, difference in
temperature and condesation as a part of it)?

Taking this thought a bit further: Couldn't it be that iBooks which didn't
pass the quality test still find their way into the shops?

--
Cheers,
Zoran.

If C lets you shoot yourself in the foot, C++ lets you blow your whole leg
off.
  -- Bjarne Stroustrup

Le 18/12/2003 06:25, « Pam Sorooshian » <pamsoroosh at earthlink.net> a écrit :

> On Dec 17, 2003, at 10:49 AM, Brian Pearce wrote:
>
>>> By the way, how and how often to you "backup" your data? This is just
>>> your files, right?
>
> I use "Backup" and backup to iDisk every single day. I bought my iBook
> on December 19, 2003 from the Apple Store in Costa Mesa, California.
> The first one crashed 4 times and was replaced by mail by Apple by the
> 3rd month after purchase. The second one crashed 3 times in the next
> few months and was replaced by the Apple store out of their inventory.
> Brand new for sure. I had that one less than an hour before the logic
> board went out. I hadn't even gone home yet. I took it back to the
> store immediately and they replaced it with my FOURTH brand new iBook
> in less than 10 months. The fourth one -- you guessed it - I just got
> back from the repair depot a few days ago. Again, a failed logic board.

<snip>