Digest Number 1835

Bill West billwest at appleisp.net
Fri Dec 26 13:47:15 PST 2003

Paul, I was just "forced" to upgrade from fine 9.0.2 to 9.2.2 on a G3 clam.
922 is very good --only thing --so far --it doesn't support --is Nisus Lite
Writer.

No 9.2.2 disk could be supplied to me --so instead I have these three huge
(45 MG each) OS installers. These must be installed in order after any Clean
ReInstall with 9.0.2 disk. Each would be just a bear to download on dialup.

Mac OS 9.0.4 Update.smi
Mac OS 9.2.1 Update.smi
Mac OS 9.2.2 Update --a folder of smaller updating stuff

The only thing I could squeeze out of those that "obliged" me to upgrade to
9.2.2 --is that 922 handles Finder memory far better --that was my problem
--I couldn't just get a simple 9.0.2 Finder reinstall. My fault. I say there
is very little to gain upgrading through any of marvelous OS 9. But I don't
know if I would want to stay at the 9.1s permanently. 9.0.2 requires free
AutoPurge --9.0.4 thereon do not. Trivial differences like that.     \-|

Feel free to write to me off group for any more help with your friend.

My friend has OS 9.0.x on a Cube.

i downloaded the 9.1 update for him.   From the notices on Apple i just
assumed the  9.2 updates were only required by certain computers or for
those running OS X.

is there someplace for review or list of  9.2x fixes and features??

thanks

Paul Pavlik

northern alberta