[P1] Has anyone experienced excess fan use after updating to 10.3.2 or Battery update 1.1 ?

Don Hinkle donhinkle at mac.com
Tue Dec 30 07:10:38 PST 2003

How can you (I mean "I", really) tell if and when my iBook fan is
running? Is there an app that can say "fan ON" or something? Because in
2.5 years, I've never noticed it by sound...unless I misinterpret the
sound and think it's the HD.
-don

On Tuesday, December 30, 2003, at 07:38  AM, K Peex1 wrote:

> Absolutely! My fan runs continuously. Had the good old display failure
>  (2002/800/Combo) accompanied by a cheerful AppleCare "logic board
> replacement".
>
> Fan runs all the time. iBook much cooler. Unfortunately, I had done
> lots of other stuff like wipe and clean install Panther before I
> noticed continuous fan. Never thought about the service proximity
> being coincidental with the fan running....

-don hinkle

for help and comfort and solutions—http://www.spirituality.com