[P1] Has anyone experienced excess fan use after updating to 10.3.2 or Battery update 1.1 ?

K Peex1 kpeex1 at cox.net
Tue Dec 30 08:18:47 PST 2003

On Dec 30, 2003, at 10:10 AM, Don Hinkle wrote:

> How can you (I mean "I", really) tell if and when my iBook fan is
> running?

I never knew what it sounded like until after the logic board
replacement/AppleCare service. I don't think it ever came on unless it
was on when the CD was spinning or writing. I know I never heard the
fan itself.

It is on now, always. Not very loud. But you can definitely hear it
(and I'm not so good at that) at the front left vent. There is no
noticeably warm spot at the left wrist/palm area. It feels the same as
the right side.

Kevin