Wireless routers compatible with Airport

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Tue Dec 30 18:52:22 PST 2003

I am wondering where I can find out what wireless routers are compatible with airport.  I have an iBook with an AirPort card, and have been waiting until I can afford the AirPort Base Station.  However, I keep seeing 802.11b certified wireless routers from companies like D-Link and Belkin advertised for very reasonable prices.  Can any of these be used with my iBook? (I realize that if they are 802.11b, they should work, but I have no PC or desktop mac to configure them with.  Only my iBook.)
Am I stuck with shelling out the ridiculous price they are charging for an Airport Base station? Even used ones on Ebay are still double the going price for a PC wireless router.  I can understand paying a premium if the Apple solution is easier to use, but not three times the cost.
Thanks for your help.

Dave.