[P1] Hello?

Chris Weinkauf statustician at mac.com
Wed Dec 31 02:35:15 PST 2003

Welcome to this list Jesse!

Go for it because the iBook rocks! Follow everyones advice though, and
get the _extended_ warranty. My friend _had_ a 700 MHz iBook G3 and a
week after his one year warranty expired, his logic board failed.  Him
and I are lowly students and he couldn't afford the $300 to have the
logic board replaced.  *sniff* it was a lovely funeral. * bursts into
tears*

Moving on, I have had my iBook for over half a year now and I love it.
I have the extended three year warranty on this, and also work for my
school laptop leasing program. I do the support for some 70 laptops we
lease out each semester.  Out of 70, I have only had to send three in
to AppleCare!  And none of those incidents were for a dead logic board.
^_^

Again, welcome to the list Jesse!
Cheers!
-Chris