Silent running iBook: Revisited!

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Feb 6 00:47:03 PST 2003

> From: Small Moose Ltd <small_moose_ltd at mac.com>
>
> For my purposes I want to put the iBook on my lap, have AppleWorks 6
> and
> Microsoft Word open at the same time, probably Entourage too. I want
> to be
> able to flip between the three and not have the hard drive spin up
> once.

RAM Disk: Terrible idea, won't work.

Tons of RAM: Great idea, will work most of the time (not 100%).

(the above applies to Mac OS X only, btw).

_Chas_

"To use the Mac is to be confronted, over and over, with the idea that
the most mundane task can be done artfully and compassionately,
beautifully and invitingly. " -- Glenn McDonald