flash card reader in OSX-ibook

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Feb 6 21:09:40 PST 2003

> From: "Joel Troyer, Planet Earth" <jtfoto at netscape.net>
>
> OK, I have an ibook running the latest version of Jag.  I can't get my
> Microtech USB Cardmate or my Lexar Jumpshot card readers to show up.
>  I've searched both web sites, but cannot find an upgrade to Jag for
> these.
>
> Anybody have any ideas?  Hard to use my Nikon D1X on my ibook with no
> way to see the flash card!

I had exactly this problem with a Lexar Jumpshot reader recently.
Apparently they are prone to fail. The little LED will come on but
never flash (indicating that it's being read).

In Jag, the Lexar should not need a driver at all, it should be plug n
play. Yours might be dead. Try plugging it into another Mac running
Jag. If that doesn't work, toss it and buy a CF reader that does. We
found one at Office Depot for a friend (it may have been the Memorex
one, sorry don't recall) for $30 and away we went -- no drivers, no
nothing. Just plug and go.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com