unable to read posts

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Feb 8 02:14:43 PST 2003

> From: Momimu at aol.com

First off, congrats and welcome to the community!

> I am new to Mac and ibook, but really enjoying it. I receive the ibook
> list
> in digest form, but sometimes it shows up in smaller and smaller font
> as I
> scroll through the messages. Is this a function of my browser, ibook,
> or
> something to do with how the digest is formatted?

I think it is a function of how the original mails were received. You
can fix it by adjusting the preferences in your mail program (I will
assume you are using "Mail," the default program for OS X). Under
"Viewing," uncheck the box that says "display images and embedded
objects in HTML messages." This will make all your mail from this list
appear in a uniform font and size (which you set under "Fonts and
Colors" in preferences).

>  I am also looking to dump
> aol, any suggestions for a reliable dialup for  a Mac with 9.1?

Any of the major ISPs with good marks from Consumer Reports should do
you fine. Most Mac people seem to like Earthlink because of the
mac-friendly tech support and loads of national numbers. I've never
needed to call tech support with a Mac for an ISP so I wouldn't know
from first-hand experience.

There are a couple of Mac-specific dialup ISPs. I have a client who
uses Syracuse.net and seems happy with it:
http://www.syracusenet.net/

It's $55 for six months, which works out to $9.17/month. Hard to beat,
and they have 600 phone numbers nationwide.

Another client uses AppleISP.net and has been very happy with them,
solid reliable 56K connections for $14.95/month. http://www.appleisp.net

Finally, I noticed this:
http://www.access4less.net/IndexGo.htm

They claim $4.95/month for unlimited dialup and Mac support. No
personal experience.

> Susan Wittner
> switcher and quickly becoming Mac addicted

Yeah baby YEAH! :)

_Chas_
"We don't want to be like Windows. We want to do everything better. We
are intent on creating the greatest computers and the best computing
experience in the world. And we are the only ones who can say that with
a straight face." -- Greg Joswiak, Apple VP of hardware product
marketing