[P1] New Jag & Printer driver

Linda Van Thiel lvt at mac.com
Thu Feb 13 10:31:47 PST 2003

First, upgrade to 10.2.3 and reinstall the lexmark.  I set my mom's
iMac up with the same printer w/o difficulties.

If it still doesn't work, before you get totally fed up with the
lexmark and trash it, download gimp-print from here

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/dlpage.php?id=15970&kind=1&db=mac

Follow the directions on the pdf file to install the program and the
printer.  I assume it is connected by usb so it should be easy.

IF you still are set to trash the lexmark - I love my epson printers,
even the stylus 3000 that has gotten very cranky in it's old age and
keeps insisting it is out of paper when it is not.  Have an 880 at home
that is fast and quite as a whisper.  The newer models have archival
ink too.  MacAddict just reviewed several printers so look there for
info too.  One ink jet did have duplex (two-side) printing, but this is
usually found on laser jets.  If you don't need/want color printing,
I'd put out a little more $$ ($200?) and get the brother 1450. It is
much cheaper to print laser than ink carts.

Linda
SE MI