New Jag & Printer driver

Ally Maddox almenter at madisontelco.com
Thu Feb 13 09:43:09 PST 2003

Hi All,

I finally got the Jag 10.2 and installed it. My previous problem was
that I couldn't get my Lexmark Z53 printer to work. So, after installing
jag, I went to lexmark dot com and downloaded a driver for 10.x.x and
guess what? Still didn't work. OK, so if the only driver lexmark had for
v10 didn't work for 10.1.5 why would it work for 10.2? I gave up. I'm
going to get a new printer. Don't even bother to suggest things to try
for using the Lexmark. Ain't gonna happen, know what I mean, Vern?

So - any suggestions for a good printer under $200, that will work VERY
WELL (en excellence) that is compatible for the iBook with OSX 10.2, and
has the best resolution, and perhaps even waterproof inks? I was looking
at Small Dog and saw one for sale, HP Deskjet 5550. Do any of you have
that? If so, what do the ink cartridges cost and how much is that
thingie that makes it so you can print both sides of a page
automatically? I couldn't find info on the cost of these things. I'll
write smalldog and ask them too.

Thanks for all your help,
Ally