[P1] Rename MP3s

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Mon Feb 17 07:37:09 PST 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Andrew Nye wrote:
> On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 01:05  am, Brad Lincoln wrote:
>
> > I finally have the majority of my CDs encoded on a hard drive and was
> > wondering if any one knows of a program that can batch rename MP3 tags
> > and names. So far I have looked at a "Better Finder Rename" and "MP3
> > Rage". Do any list-members have experience with these programs? with
> > other programs? Thanks for the help.
>
> You can batch rename in iTunes, by simply highlighting all the tracks
> you want to rename and pressing cmnd i. Did you want to do something
> more complex than this?
> Andrew

That really only changes ID3 tags.
Since the way I like my mp3 files named is kinda weird (I assume, since
none of the programs out there do it my way) I just whipped up a perl
script to rename them based on the id3 tags.  I did need to install the
MP3Info library from CPAN first. I can share, if you are interested.

Allan