3d-party wireless network

Jeffrey S. McPheeters jeffreym at lawrence.ixks.com
Sat Feb 22 07:29:34 PST 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 19:00:54 -0600, Jeff Newman <newman5608 at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Looks like my PC-only office is _finally_ getting DSL and wireless. I
> want to get a jump on how to get my original icebook connected with
> an Airport card. I can't seem to find much help, probably because I
> don't even know what to ask for. Can anyone point me to some good but
> very basic sources?

I remember when I first started looking at the Internet, in 1989-90, and
purchased a book called Then Internet Starter Kit, by Adam Engst and another
book on Networking by Glen Fleishman. Well, you're in luck, because an
excellent recent release you should read is called The Wireless Networking
Starter Kit, by Glen Fleishman and Adam Engst!

They have a web site which will give you a head start:
www.wireless-starter-kit.com and you may find some reviews and helpful
advice at one of favorite review sites: www.mymac.com [disclaimer, I also
write for MyMac, but they are still a great resource anyway ;-) ]

Good luck!
Jeffrey

[Jeffrey McPheeters, who has been absent from this list for the past couple
of years since selling his Rev. A iBook, but has since replaced his 3 sons'
iMacs with new iBooks, and thus, has returned to the fold!]