OS X printer driver issues

Jonathan Fletcher jfletch at aye.net
Sun Feb 23 19:35:59 PST 2003

This is for an iBook, so it is not OT, I think.

I just came across an issue. I need to connect to a printer that I
cannot find an OS X printer description file for. I have OS 9 PPDs, but
am not sure where to put them and if I need different ones. I found a
PPD folder in my OS X system library but the files there all had .gz
extensions, so I wasn't sure if I found the right place for them or
not. It would not let me drag my OS 9 PPDs there anyway.

Apple's KB just said to install drivers obtained from the manufacturer.
Well, the manufacturer of this particular device is not being helpful.

I booted into Oscar Sierra Niner just so I could get the file printed,
but I hated to do that. I have come to love X so much.

Does anyone here have a clue about what I should do?

--
Jonathan Fletcher
jfletch at newmediaconstco.com