Clamshell colors

Thomas Bridgeland tmbridgeland at ybb.ne.jp
Sun Feb 23 19:33:55 PST 2003

On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 12:05  PM, iBook List wrote:

> I toy with the idea of an Icebook but you
> are right about it being too sterile, I'll not upgrade until they at
> least color the apple logo!

The logo on my iceBook is iridescent, as you move it it glistens like
mother of pearl. Only straight on is it clear. I like the clean white
look. But I admit a lot of people would like some choice. Like Henry
Ford said about his cars, "You can have any color you like, so long as
it is black." They might sell a lot more if they offered a broad range
of colors. It wouldn't even be difficult with the plastic cases. It is
a branding thing, not a practical limit. They want Apple products to be
a distinct "look", and that look is now white. Maybe you have seen the
iBook that someone scraped off all the white paint off from under the
plastic? Then you can recolor it anything you like.