[P1] Icebook or clamshell?

Bill Lockhart blockhart1 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 26 15:11:26 PST 2003

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 10:40  PM, Peter Nacken wrote:

> Ok .. My 2c
>
> I first bought a graphite clamshell.. My first mac ..
>
> Then I fell in love with the icebook, bought one of the first batch
> and sold
> my graphite toilet seat ...
>
> But I noticed that I missed the clamshell design .. And I actually
> always
> wanted to have a tangerine one, orange being a very favorite color of
> mine
>
> And along came Dan Farley who parted with his and now I have best of
> both
> worlds, I love both equally ... And I will be in a high dilemma
> situation
> when I indeed go for a new powerbook .. Because one mac has to go ...
> (probably the imac G4 :)

I have a key lime 366 iBook and recently bought a 800 mhz "icebook"
w/combo drive...
Comparing the two, I would have to say I love the speed of the iceBook.
and I love the size of it. (actually, I wish Apple would make a 8 or 10
inch iceBook)

What do I miss about the Key Lime? The looks, the sheer funkiness of it.
The glow in the dark (and light!) brightness of it.
But what I really miss about the clamshell design is the way the palm
rests slope downward
towards the front.
The iceBook has the edge like most laptops and this edge presses into
my palms.
Of course, I need to change my typing style. But to me, the clamshells
were more comfortable to use.

If anyone is interested, I am thinking of selling the Key Lime to help
pay for the iceBook.
contact me off list if interested.

Bill