[P1] USB Digicam problem

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 6 16:26:05 PST 2003

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 11:59  AM, John Clemens wrote:

> The problem is that I disconnected the camera without using the exit
> command, or dragging the icon to trash,this caused the warning to
> appear that damage could be done if you don't close down properly.
> After that I was able to download on one more occasion.
> Subsequently when connecting the camera the image will not mount onto
> the screen, I have tried on numerous occasions without success.

The proper action at that point is to reconnect the camera and drag the
icon to the trash. Then disconnect. Usually it doesn't do any harm
since you haven't really modified any files on the card which is where
the damage might occur if you have unsaved files.

My first suggestion would be to trash the preferences for your download
software and try again. This might resolve the problem.

Second, use a third part device that holds your card, such as a Zio USB
adapter. Maybe a friend has one and you can try your card in his unit.

Next, buy or borrow a similar card and try taking some pictures on that
and then download them, if you can. If you can your card may be corrupt
and need reformatting. If you can, download your pictures to a friends
Mac and copy them over to yours.

If your card doesn't work on other computers, and you might try several
just to be sure, you probably corrupted the card and need to reformat
it inside the camera.

If using another card in your camera doesn't work, you either have a
cord problem or a camera problem.

It really isn't that easy to damage a camera or card by ejecting it too
early and I doubt that you did that. More than likely you corrupted
your software preferences.

---
I propose that all elections for public office be advanced two years so
that anyone elected to office can serve a two year jail term for the
crimes they are about to commit and that we will probably find hard to
prove.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com