[P1] Address Book??????

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 6 16:32:10 PST 2003

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 12:03  AM, Pat D. Stephens wrote:

> Hi, I'm Pat, back on the list.  I got a new iBook for Christmas and am
> trying to make it my own machine and am wondering if any of you
> remember Address Book by Jim Leitch and then by Jim Smith....I got it
> way back in the mid-80's and loved its simple style and good
> performance.  Mr. Leitch died and Mr. Smith got it and now he is ill
> and has abandoned it.  I'd love it on my OSX machine, but can't find
> it to download (and yes, I did pay for it!).  Can anyone tell me if
> they have it and have tried it?  If not, what could I substitute for
> it that is simple and would transfer my rather large C'mas card file
> as well as my personal file and print out envelopes and a phone book?

What about the Address book that ships as part of OS X? I can't
remember how complex Address Book was but Apple's address appl has the
advantage of integrating with OS X applications. For instance, if you
use iCal you can drag address into iCal and it will email those people
without any trouble at all...

---
I propose that all elections for public office be advanced two years so
that anyone elected to office can serve a two year jail term for the
crimes they are about to commit and that we will probably find hard to
prove.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com