[P1] iBook & printers connectivity

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Wed Jan 8 14:51:12 PST 2003

>I have a new iBook 800MHz that I want to be able to connect to my old
>stylewriter ll printer on occasion. Is it just a simple matter of using
>a serial-USB connector or is there some other inherent incompatability
>issue that I need to know about as well ?  What about drivers, my iBook
>has both OS X and 9.x installed.

As Mark suggested, it would be cheaper in the long run to get an USB
printer than a USB-to-serial converter. You also should consider that
cartridges for the StyleWriter II may not be available at some point. The
performance of the new printer will be far beyond the StyleWriter's.

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com