[P1] PowerBook 190 query

Jon Chaplin saint13 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 15 21:37:53 PST 2003

> I'm very grateful to everyone who posted advice about the 190.  About
> the
> 7-year limit -- the 190 was introduced in 1995 -- I don't know  the
> discontinuation date.  Unfortunately this particular 190 has an AA
> after the
> serial number!   I'm still working on the problem --  will let you
> know how it
> all ends.  MJo

It was discontinued on 4-1-96 so Apple has to help you until 4-1-03.
Apple promised support for these machines forever, before the 90 days
only thing went into effect. Call them, try to work it out...and if it
turns out to be a hardware problem...you might be able to finagle a new
iBook out of the situation...

More info can be found here:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook/stats/
mac_powerbook190_66.html