[P1] iBook battery

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Thu Jan 16 01:13:59 PST 2003

>I have had my ibook for about a year and a half now and the battery has
>started to not hold a charge at all. This is party due to the fact that I
>left it plugged in for about a month as I used it as a clock radio and
>stereo at my sisters house. Is there any sort of program like battery
>reset that will help me, or resetting the power manager? Or maybe
>discharging the battery fully a few times? Thanks

Resetting the Power Manager would certainly be advisable. Do realize that
it will also reset the date on your iBook. Apple has a "Knowledge Base"
article on how to do this. You can go to www.apple.com and click on
"Support" and follow through from there with a search on Reset Power
Manager, or try this URL:

http://kbase.info.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/kbase.woa/wa/query?searchMod
e=Assisted&type=id&val=KC.14449

If resetting the power manager doesn't help, you may have a bad battery.
If you have AppleCare, it may cover replacing the battery--check with
Apple. If not, well, it's good to have a backup battery, in any case.

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com