[P1] System bombs.

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 17 08:49:33 PST 2003

On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 08:53  AM, Small Moose Ltd wrote:

> I will fix this, but is there information available on why we get
> system
> bombs and the different types of bombs? I'm using MacOS 9.0.4
> I am aware of the 'Sad Macs, Bombs and Other Disasters' book but I was
> just
> wondering if there was a web resource that details the same kind of
> thing?

Upgrade as high up the OS 9 ladder as you can using Software Update, or
as some prefer, download the updaters and then run them.

There is also a recent firmware update you should look into. You may
have to run that first.

Also you could try your plug in routine with Entourage closed rather
than running.

Also check for an Entourage update.

Lastly, the next time you open Entourage, hold down the option while it
opens and then rebuild the database.

If after all of this, the system error continues, use Extension manager
and turn off everything but the Apple extensions. You may have a
defective non-apple extension or cp installed.

And there is much more to try.

---

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com