[P1] Well, I've done it now!!!!

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 18 17:07:06 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 05:29  PM, maizychicken wrote:

> I was installing some extra memory in my iBook this morning and I
> dropped
> one of the teeny tiny RAM shield screws INTO the computer.
<snip>
>   Have spoken to Apple, as the iBook is only
> about 2 months old and still eligible for free phone support, and they
> said
> to send it in and that it'd cost $283.  I'd really like to try to get
> it out
> myself.  Do you think the shaking is a bad idea or damaging?

Keep us informed of what is going on... :)

You sound like you have the same luck I did when working on my old
sports cars in my early twenties. I always ended up with a few left
over parts, which made me wonder who designed cars that had more parts
than they needed, and my father would always point to the rotor I left
out when I put the distributer back together...but never before I had
run my battery down.

Your experience is why I am always happy paying the repair guys to do
something. I don't know how much that cpu chip would have cost if that
hard drive had landed directly on it rather than an inch to the side.

OK, serious, stop where you are and don't go any further. Find a good
repair guy and see if you can convince them to help you find the screw.

You might even just set it aside for three hours, preferably four, and
then get a small flash light and look where you think it is. Also look
on the floor below where you were shaking the book. The main idea is to
stop looking and trying until your mind has settled down and you can
act more calmly and thoroughly.

---
I noticed while listening to the Capital Gang on CNN rant on pro and
con about UM's 20 points for Blacks that not one of the CG on CNN is
Black.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com