[P1] Clean install OS X for new owner?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 20 16:41:29 PST 2003

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 02:21  PM, Joe Dombrowski wrote:

> I can't remember which list this was posted on recently.  I need to do
> a clean install of OS 10.1 on an iBook which I just sold.  I want the
> new owner to start the iBook and be guided through the initial setup
> just like a new Mac.  I seem to recall there was a particular
> procedure to accomplish this.

A simple method, first I would suggest zeroing the drive using the Disk
Utility. The zeroing is via an option in the Erase tab. This takes a
while, but is as close as you can get to removing your personal data
from the drive safely.

Then, just install X from your startup disks and when done, shut down.
When they startup, there you are.

---
I noticed while listening to the Capital Gang on CNN rant on pro and
con about UM's 20 points for Blacks that not one of the CG on CNN is
Black.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com