[P1] Mini-Book vs. 12"iBook: will it be as sturdy?

everyman everyman at attbi.com
Mon Jan 20 19:47:45 PST 2003

I held the new 12" AlBook in my hands the other day at the Pasadena
store.
I didn't do a whole analysis. There were other people waiting to play
with it too. I just remember thinking that it felt very
sturdy. The aluminum is really really nice. It just seems like it's not
fragile.
I have an 700 iBook and the new Powerbook felt just as sturdy to me. I
didn't notice any screen bowing like you said.
I didn't look for it or concentrate on that. But I did pick it up a few
times and I would have noticed that.
One thing though, it did feel pretty hot on the underside and on the
left hand side of the trackpad.
All in all, though, it was really beautiful. I loved the keyboard. And
it looks and feels more portable and smaller than
the iBook. It's a knockout.