[P1] Mini-Book vs. 12"iBook: will it be as sturdy?

Charles Broderick chasbrod at inreach.com
Mon Jan 20 19:51:56 PST 2003

Can't remember what the original question was, but I was thinking of
the new 12" Powerbook before deciding on the ibook. If you look at the
specs (I forget who ran the benchmarks) the 800 Mhz G3 was about neck
and neck with the Powerbook, except for Altivec applications. Also, the
new Powerbook doesn't have IR or a PC card...add to it the fact that it
only has 400bps Firewire and only USB 1.1, and I figured I could get a
nice 700 or 800 Mhz ibook and pocket about $600.

Currently MCE has the best ibook deals, IMO.

Cheers!