[P1] GoBack for Mac?

david davidwb at spymac.com
Thu Jan 23 13:40:35 PST 2003

On 1/23/03 2:36 PM, "Brian Fish" <b.fish at durandac.org> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a product like GoBack from Roxio for the PC that allows
> you to literally "Go Back" after deleting a file, installing a buggy
> program, messing with settings for unfavorable results, etc.?  I'm the kind
> of guy that relies on stuff like that to save my butt.  Thanks.

its reliance on the Registry and DLLs. The Mac doesn¹t have that problem -
not with OS 9 and not with OS X. Unlike Windows, most Mac applications don¹t
install files that can affect the system as a whole. Yes, some OS 9
applications might install extensions which might cause a problem, but it is
easy to simply remove an extension from the extension folder and the problem
goes away.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by frost.

davidwb at spymac.com