[P1] Dead AirPort

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Thu Jan 23 18:28:21 PST 2003

> I am just having the same experience and experienced the very same
> kind of
> problems...

Both of these cases sound (on the surface) like the well-documented
AirPort Base Station failures that occur with the original models in a
particular range of serial numbers; it happened to me, as well, and you
can arm yourself with the necessary information to get Apple to
acknowledge the problem and provide a replacement, if you don't have
AppleCare. (A particular electronic part not properly rated fails;
resets and dropped connections are a symptom.)

There are a few web sites that cover this problem, and the information
you need to obtain repairs. (I'd be more specific than that, but I
deleted all the saved pages I had when all this happened to me.)

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net