OT: Was "Keep Internet Explorer or MS products?" Now Apple X11

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Jan 26 12:37:11 PST 2003

> From: SpikeTheFrog <SpikeTheFrog at attbi.com>
> Does installing Apple's X11 have any affect on the rest of OSX?  I am
> assuming that it is simply a separate application that can be erased if
> not needed?

I noticed that some of my permissions got a little funky after
installing it (as they often do after significant system patching), but
I ran "Repair Permissions" from Disk Utility and all was hunky-dory
again.

But yes, if you decide you don't want it anymore then just trash the
application. Whatever little pref files and suchlike might be left
behind are tiny and will do no harm.

_Chas_
Moderator, rec.arts.drwho.moderated
FAQ: http://www.otherleg.com/radwm-faq.html