OS X on a PC? [forward from a different list]

Romain Kang romain at kzsu.stanford.edu
Sun Jan 26 12:38:31 PST 2003

Another way to pull off the trick would be to use some remote desktop
software like VNC (or something similar) to bring another machine's
desktop onto the primary display.

Aside: Last time I tried VNC, it was a bit dodgey when working
between dissimilar CPU architectures.  E.g., Wintel, Linux, FreeBSD
on x86 machines worked well together, but going to Sparc Solaris
or PPC OS X was kind of jerky, with irregular and sometimes long
delays refreshing the remote'd display.  Maybe it's been fixed.

Romain Kang                             Disclaimer: I speak for myself alone,
romain at kzsu.stanford.edu                except when indicated otherwise.