[P1] Hot Spots in the U.S.

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 31 20:58:10 PST 2003

On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 09:04  PM, viaoddbrainstorm wrote:

> If you were watering your lawn on a hot day and  the neighbor kids ran
> through your sprinkler would you posit that  the children were
> stealing the coolness of the water?  I was just wondering?

Some examples can be rather silly...

In this case one might consider their legal responsibility if those
kids step in a hole, trip over something and then require expensive
medical treatment which becomes your responsibility even though they
are trespassing.

Now if your neighbor were hooking up his hose to your water outlet and
watering his lawn, filling his pool, washing his car or found someway
to wire into your electrical box to run his household or even more to
the point, hot wired your phone line and was making phone calls or
using your password to log onto the internet when you weren't
home...that would be a better example.

---
Lobate Black Scale -- A Photo Essay By Jack Rodgers
http://www.jackrodgers.com