[P1] Ttly OT: Fiji exercises internet censorship !!!

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 2 09:11:27 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 09:24  AM, david wrote:

> Sheesh - the first thing any decent tech does is turn off the machine
> to see if rebooting fixes the problem.

The absolute LAST thing I would do would be to do a forced reboot since
this will lose data and may damage files or hard drives.

I would unplug the keyboard and mouse, USB, and plug them back in. Also
any other USB device I would unplug...

I would then drag the cursor, if it is moving, over to the dock to see
if I can switch applications.

Then I would try the Command+Option+esc to force quit the frozen
application.

Then I might try a few other things before doing a hard shutdown.

I would only pull the plug as the absolute last resort and hope that
the doctor shows me the same respect...

---
The 2003 campaign begins...
<http://www.JackRodgers.com>