[P1] new ibooks... any better re warping & screen marks??

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Tue Jul 8 11:48:45 PDT 2003

But if you do that you will be giving up just when you were
about to achieve enlightenment !  :-)  Sounds like it's a
matter of you being the person out at the 4th+ standard
deviation of the normal curve of failures--it would be a pity
not to see how long this could keep going.  Especially since
Apple seems to be paying for the fun.

My own experience, covering a 700MHz 16VRAM, and supporting a
14" 8 VRAM and an original 500MHz, has been fine with me.
The 700MHz had the battery failure which affected many of its
vintage, and Apple Store just swapped me a new one with few
questions.  The 14" had a stiff lid hinge and a sticky
trackpad button--neither fatal but both annoying--, which
Apple fixed in like 2 days door to door.  No warping or other
problems.  AppleCare on everything.  We're deciding when to
get the next laptop, and whether it will be an iBook or a
12" Powerbook, maybe the latter to have the G4 to optimize
speech recognition.

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Fran Dollinger wrote:
 . . .
> and I'm seriously considering selling the 800MHz when it is returned. I
 . . .