[P1] Comatose iBook?

Joe Sporleder joe at beloit-kansas.com
Tue Jul 8 13:34:26 PDT 2003

Richard,

We have tried everything you've mentioned except another battery (the
machine is in another office about 30 minutes away, so I'm making
diagnostics with second hand information...I'll have the machine in my
possession in a couple hours, so will be able to make first hand
observations).

I have a new iBook (900mhz 12" with combo drive), would my battery be
compatible with this older iBook (for testing purposes)? My boss has an
older 600mhz iBook (generation after the 500mhz that is giving us the
problem), how about its battery?

I'm hoping it can be started up in Firewire target disk mode, to a
least back up an article that'll take 3 hours to reproduce (I have no
idea why they didn't store a backup on the file server which is backed
up several times a week). Thanks.

Joe