[P1] Comatose iBook?

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Tue Jul 8 14:37:56 PDT 2003

Joe Sporleder wrote the following:

> I have a new iBook (900mhz 12" with combo drive), would my battery be
> compatible with this older iBook (for testing purposes)? My boss has an
> older 600mhz iBook (generation after the 500mhz that is giving us the
> problem), how about its battery?

To be honest I'm not sure but it should be...I believe the capacity is
simply higher in the newer ones...It will be worth a try.

> I'm hoping it can be started up in Firewire target disk mode, to a
> least back up an article that'll take 3 hours to reproduce

Hopefully that will work if nothing else. Let us know what you can make of
the situation when you have it in person and maybe someone will have more
ideas to help you...

Cheers,

Richard