[P1] iPhoto Help

Steve sw at carolina.rr.com
Thu Jul 10 10:34:11 PDT 2003

On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 01:08 PM, Mark Kippert wrote:

> The nice thing about an Album is you can modify images without
> altering the
> original image. The image in the album is duplicated and all
> modifications
> are applied to the duplicate. So if you were to drop the original
> image into
> 3 different albums, crop it in one, reduce it in another and rotate it
> in
> the third, the original would still remain unaltered.

  Actually iPhoto will do this for you.  If you alter an image in any
way, rotate it, even open it in an external editor like Photoshop,
iPhoto will make a copy of the image and keep it as the original.

  You can then go the the file menu=> Revert To Original and it will
revert back, showing this change in all the albums

  One very good program I use is called iPhoto Diet (look for it on
Version Tracker) This will remove all the originals of duplicates from
your library to save you a lot of space. I saved quite a bit of space
as I tend to shoot a lot in portrait mode and need to rotate most of my
pictures.\

  I usually run this before I burn the library to disk, and Im sure I
won't need the originals anymore.

Steve